Nikon CPU lenses on your DSLR Nikon camera. Enjoy all metering and exposure modes and full EXIF data using classic manual focus lenses.
Are you a Nikon digital SLR user who wants access to the millions of manual focus Nikkor lenses? Frustrated by the difficulties getting your camera to work properly with manual lenses? Tired of limited functionality, no metering, or having to rely on the cumbersome manual lens database? Read on!
The Nikon F-mount lens legacy NIKON is one of the few camera manufacturers to offer mount compatibility with its lenses going back to its first SLR cameras in the late 1950s. Photographers have bought into the Nikon F-mount lens system because of its compatibility with legacy lenses. Professionals, enthusiast, and amateur photographers have enjoyed the great optics, handling characteristics, and unique image “signature” of Nikkor lenses for over six decades.
While Nikon has retained the F-mount into the digital era, the company has tiered their camera bodies in part by limiting interoperability among camera, metering system, and lens. As a result, Nikon users of cameras like the D3xxx and D5xxx, and others lacking mechanical F-stop coupling, cannot fully enjoy legacy F-mount manual focus lenses with a Nikon DSLR. Nikon increasingly has made manual focus lens compatibility a feature of the prosumer and professional level bodies only, such as the D300/7000 and D1-D4. But even with a pro level body, each manual lens must first be programed into the non-CPU lens database and then selected each time it is used. Despite this clumsy work-around to accommodate classic Nikkors, there are limitations with exposure modes and the need to manually coordinate lens choice with the database.
Legacy2digital The L2D Digital Matrix lens conversion brings manual focus Nikon lenses into the digital age! Nikon camera owners now have FULL metering functionality on ALL Nikon digital SLR camera bodies along with highly accurate focus confirmation and transfer of lens information to digital file EXIF data. At last — classic Nikkor lenses from 1959 to the present interoperate with Nikon digital SLRs from consumer to professional level.
- Take FULL advantage of the millions of Nikon manual focus lenses manufactured since 1959 on your digital Nikon DSLR.
- We modify older pre-AI lenses for safe mounting on DSLR bodies.
- Full metering compatibility, spot, matrix, and center-weighted with ALL Nikon digital SLRs, including D40-60, D70-90, and D3xxx, D5xxx, and others.
- Eliminate need for cumbersome lens database on prosumer (D7000 and higher) and pro level bodies. Camera instantly “recognizes” the lens and imparts EXIF data.
- Allows use of all exposure modes — A, S, P, or M — with ALL Nikon DSLR bodies
- Fast handling of F-stop changes using your camera’s Command Dial.
- Pro CPU allows direct aperture input for “classic style” shooting with any prosumer 7xxx or pro body Dxxx or D1-D4 with aperture tracking lever.
- Automatic indexing: when lens is mounted, camera will immediately register minimum and maximum aperture.
- Precise–and user customizable–auto focus selection point and indication.
- Backward compatibility: converted lenses continue to function normally on all mechanical film Nikon cameras and most autofocus-era film bodies.
L2D also offers:
- Converted lenses ready to mount and use.
- Lens servicing, including “CLA” (clean, lubricate, and adjust) for Nikon F mount and other lenses.
- Camera body and lens locator service for customers interested in purchasing guaranteed and tested previously owned equipment.